To provide financial assistance to families of young cancer patients that are unable to meet special needs arising out of the patients' illness with their own resources
Families of children with cancer who have financial difficulties
- Purchase of medical device and rehab aids such as wigs, artificial eyes and limbs, spectacles and dentures, etc.
- Subsidies for living allowance, child-minding fees, children's after school programmes, meals and travel allowances, burial or cremation costs, etc.
- Subsidies for special drugs and special medical tests
- Extra expenses to enable the wishes of terminally-ill children to come true, whenever possible
- Referral to obtain additional sources of help
All applicants have to be interviewed and assessed by the social workers of Patient Care and Community Service Team. Please contact your case worker for enquiries.
Through sponsoring families who meet the specified clinical criteria, patients with fianancial difficulties are able to cover the medical expenses for designated special drugs required in the course of medical treatment, which are not covered by the standard fees in public hospitals and clinics, thus we can help doctors to improve the survival rate of children with cancer. Please contact your doctor for enquiries.