To provide financial assistance to families of young cancer patients that are unable to meet special needs arising out of the patients' illness with their own resources
Families of children with cancer who have financial difficulties
- Purchase of medical device and rehab aids such as wigs, artificial eyes and limbs, spectacles and dentures, etc.
- Subsidies for living allowance, child-minding fees, children's after school programmes, meals and travel allowances, burial or cremation costs, etc.
- Subsidies for special drugs and special medical tests
- Extra expenses to enable the wishes of terminally-ill children to come true, whenever possible
- Referral to obtain additional sources of help
All applicants have to be interviewed and assessed by the social workers of Family Counselling Team. Please contact your case worker for enquiries.